Sunday, January 30, 2011

Seth Cohen & Snow Storms

With my hubs being gone five out of the seven days of the week, I find myself with a lot of free time.


Lately I have been filling this time by spending hours reading my favorite blogs, discovering new ones and watching old tv favorites online (oh, Seth Cohen, how I miss The O.C.) Being that this is sorta how my life is going to be for quite some time...aka 40 years unless we decide to make the move to his base (more on that later) I have decided I have to find a hobby.

I came across a post on The Pilot Wives Club that had advice on being alone without being lonely. It said:

1. The gym is your friend (oops, we just cancelled our membership)
2. Read (do blogs count?)
3. Get plugged in at church (we love our church!)
4. Shop (Being that I spend the most time on our budget, I'm not sure I could allow myself to do this!)
5. Train for a 5k (I don't love to run, but have been thinking about trying it out once the weather gets nicer)
6. Volunteer (Could probably do more of this)
7. Find a hobby (Decorating is my hobby, I just need to find a new project. Maybe curtains?)

Some good tips for sure. I think running or some form of exercise is the #1 way I should start filling my extra time, but it's so dang cold. I guess Jillian Michaels and I better become bff again for now.

P.S. The news is predicting up to 10 inches of snow this week with temperatures below freezing until Friday (today is SUNDAY, peeps.) Say whaaa? The most snow I have ever seen was in Washington state a little over two years ago. It was a beautiful trip, but my kitchen is not near stocked enough for a giant snow storm here in good ol O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A.





Say a little prayer it's not as bad as Mr. Weatherman says (unless by some miracle the hubs gets to be here with me.) xoxo!

By Brit with 3 lovely notes

3 lovely notes:

Wish we lived in the same city and next door to each other. I could use a consistent work out partner :) And I'm praying for NO snowstorm. I hate this weather.

me too! i love summer! and i would love for you to be my next door neighbor. that would be more fun than we could handle! and the four of us could always hang out. ok...let's kick out the guy next door :)

OK! Well when Austin and I move back to Tulsa we can buy a house next door to you and I can babysit your kids while you all go on dates. And by kids I mean Nellie :)