Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Things I love: Decorating

A friend on facebook shared this link the other day, and it was exactly what I needed to hear, err...read.


I love to decorate. I mean l.o.v.e. it. I sometimes spend hours just perusing the internet looking for inspiration, and I have files upon files of photo inspiration. But at the same time, I find myself in this dilemma...do I spend the money (and time) to decorate a place when we don't own it? (We rent a cute lil house I love, but know we won't be here forever.)

Well, this post from Nesting Place was exactly what I needed. My house is my home whether I own it or not. I have to love it, regardless.

And someday, I will live somewhere as charming as this

this sweet cottage belongs to photographer Stacey Haines
(click the photo for more photos via House of Turquoise)

or this

this whimisical victorian cottage was featured by The New York Times and belongs to Sandra Foster (click the photo for more photos via The New York Times)

xoxo!

By Brit with 1 lovely note

1 lovely notes:

Reminds me of the cute little house Austin and I want!! Ah!