Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Delish Pear Bread

Photo from Smitten Kitchen. My bread was delicious but not this pretty.

In search of a way to use up the Harry and David pears that have been sitting in our fridge for a while, I turned to my good friend Google last night, and once again he (she? Does Google have a gender?) came through for me. Smitten Kitchen had a pear bread recipe using ingredients I actually had in my pantry! It was the perfect little thing to do while I waited for Kyle to get back into town.

I must say, it is delicious, and I am pretty sure you could use just about any fruit in place of the pears that you want to.

So, in case you have some fruit burning a hole in your refrigerator, head on over to Smitten Kitchen for the recipe here.


By Brit with 3 lovely notes

3 lovely notes:

ohhh yum-o! To bad you can't send a piece to me through snail mail. Great job using ingredients you already had. Glad your man is home :)

That looks delicious! I make banana nut bread all the time and I'm always looking for new things to eat in the morning!

It was delish and Kyle said he even liked it better than banana bread (which I really love to eat.)